Location: Vietnam Women’s Museum is located in the centre of Hanoi on Ly
Thuong Kiet St, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.
Characteristic: The Vietnam Women’s Museum covers a 4,500m² area planted
with beautiful trees. It was open on the 20th October 1995 on the 65th
anniversary of the Vietnamese Women’s Association’s establishment.
Documents and objects are
displayed and carefully preserved and maintained in this place, expressing
the role of women in the process of the development of the Vietnamese
nation. The museum is also a place for cultural exchange for Vietnamese and
international women with the goal of creating “equality, development, and
peace”. The exhibits are displayed on an area of 1,200m² on two-storey
building; the museum organized around five main themes:
- Vietnamese women in Vietnamese community.
- The involvement of Vietnamese women in the fight for national independence
and national construction.
- The Vietnamese Women’s Association and its struggle to liberate women.
- The culture of Vietnamese women expresses through traditional handicraft
- Women costumes of the 54 Vietnamese ethnic groups.